- Tigo announces TS4 platform availability on PVsyst modeling software - NOV 1st 2016
- Tigo’s Selective Deployment modeled on Aurora’s software OCT 25 2016
- Smart Module Technology From SMA and Tigo Can Now Be Planned With Sunny Design - OCT 17 2016
- Tigo announces Kevin Kilkelly as Vice President of Sales for the Americas - AUGUST 24th 2016
- Tigo reshapes the solar industry by shipping the first 1500V Flex MLPE - JULY 7th 2016
- Tigo® announces Ronen Benzion to assume the position of President and Chief Operations Officer - JULY 5, 2016
- Tigo® CCA joins Tigo’s Smart Module IOT - MAY 24 2016
- Tigo® achieves TUV certification for TS4-R APRIL 19th 2016
- Tigo® achieves UL recognition for TS4-R MARCH 23 2016
- Sunage integrates Tigo Platform FEBRUARY 17th 2016
- Sunerg Solar Integrates Tigo Smart Platform FEB 08 2016
- Tigo® announces launch of the TS4-R – offering the most cost effective MLPE to any Retrofit Solar Installation on the market FEBRUARY 2nd, 2016
- IBC Solar expands product portfolio with module technology from Tigo - DECEMBER 9th 2015
- CSUN sub company SST's Smart DC modules to integrate Tigo's TS4 modular Platform - DECEMBER 3rd, 2015
- Talesun Solar has announced today the availability of the integrated Tigo’s modular TS4 platform to its PV Modules portfolio - NOVEMBER 10th, 2015
- Tigo announces Stanley Stern to join the Board of Directors - NOVEMBER 5th, 2015
- Suntech and Tigo Introduce Creative Energy Optimization to the Solar Market - NOVEMBER 4th, 2015
- Tigo announces Michael Splinter to join the Board of Directors - NOVEMBER 3rd, 2015
- Ingeteam inverter line compliant with Tigo - OCTOBER 8th 2015
- Tigo Forms Strategic Partnership with Leading Korean Electronics Manufacturer Hansol Technics
- Tigo Announces Strategic Partnership with PV Module Manufacturer Sunpreme to Feature Tigo’s TS4 Platform
- Tigo Announces Revolutionary Predictive IV Technology Enabling Maximum Energy Harvest with No Communication
- Tigo’s Selective Deployment Offers String Optimization for as low as $0.02/watt
- Tigo Announces Game-Changing Modularity Feature of its TS4 Platform
- Tigo Announces Distribution Partnership with Mexico’s Exel Solar to Feature Tigo’s TS4 MLPE Platform Exclusively
- Tigo Powers Largest Solar-Battery, Off-Grid Home in the World!
- Tigo Energy Introduces Cloud Connect
- Tigo Energy Launches TS4 Platform
- Samil Power Joins Tigo's Industry Leading Smart Module Platform
- Tigo Announces New Solution for Modeling the Energy Benefits of SMART Module Platform
- Tigo Energy and Solar Juice Announce Strategic Distribution Partnership
- Tigo Energy Supports Team Techstyle Haus in the 2014 European Solar Decathlon
- Tigo Energy Crosses Milestone with Over 2000 Inverters from 80 Companies Working with Tigo Energy's Technology
- Sunnova Installers Receive 3.4% Boost in Energy Yield by using Tigo Energy Technology
- Tigo Energy and Folsom Labs Announce DNV GL Approval of Smart Module Modeling Software
- Tigo Energy Supports Team Santa Clara and Stanford in the 2013 U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon
- Silfab Ontario Inc. Announces First Smart Module Made In America
- KACO new energy Validates Tigo Energy's Smart Module Feature Enabling 30% Longer Strings
- Tigo Energy introduces new technology to increase string length by 30%--lowering BOS costs, and increasing the speed of installation
- Biltmore Estate Expands Solar Field with Smart Modules from Upsolar
- The Solar Smart Module and Optimizer Leader Tigo Energy® Completes Financing Round, Elects Zvi Alon as Chairman
- Upsolar’s Smart Modules Selected by Pristine Sun for 10 MW Deal
- Amphenol and Tigo Optimize PV Junction Box Technology
- KACO new energy is shipping the blueplanet M series of inverters with Tigo Energy’s Management Unit integrated.
- Upsolar’s Tigo-Integrated Smart Modules Now Available for UK Solar Market
- Alsoenergy To Provide Module-Level Premium Solar Monitoring With Tigo Energy
- Tigo Energy Selected By Alwayson As A Goinggreen Silicon Valley Global 200 Winner
- Tigo Energy Achieves World's First TÜV Certification for Smart Module Technology
- Solar Solution: Vermont solar test bed for smart modules
- Leading Independent Engineering Firm Validates Bankability for Tigo Energy Technology
- Talmage Solar Engineering, Inc. Unveils Largest Smart Array in North America
- Upsolar Unveils 2.2 MW Smart Array in Vermont
- Trina Solar launches Trinasmart solution in North America
- Tigo Energy Wins Additional US DOE Award For A Total Of $3,500,000
- Leading Solar Module OEMs To Display Next-generation Tigo Energy Technology During PV Expo Japan
- Tigo Energy® Raises Additional Capital Resources To Accelerate The Growth Of Their Solar SmartModules
- Eclipsall And Tigo Energy® Announce Supply Agreement
- Tigo Energy® Partners With Leading PV Module Manufacturers To Deliver Solar Smart Modules
- Tigo Energy® Named Intersolar Award 2011 Finalist In Photovoltatics
- Tigo Energy® Expands Executive Team With The Addition Of A Chief Financial Officer
- SunPower takes different track with smart modules: special interest group to set standards
- Tigo Energy® And Suntech Collaborate To Develop Smart Panel Technology For Photovoltaic Solar Installations
- Tigo Energy® Teams With SCHOTT Solar To Bring Electronic Intelligence To Photovoltaic Projects
- Tigo Energy Accelerates International Expansion
- Rec Solar Offers Tigo Energy® Maximizer Solution For Commercial And Residential Solar Installations
- Tigo Energy Closes $10 Million In New Financing To Fuel Global Sales Growth
- Tigo Energy Achieves Compliance and Certification Landmark
- Tigo Energy Achieves Compliance and Certification Landmark
- Tigo Energy Named a Global Cleantech 100 Clean Technology Company
- Intersolar News: Tigo Energy Inc. Announces Key Distribution Partner for the TIGO EnergyTM Maximizer System
- Tigo Energy Reaches Key Milestones and Raises $10 Million "B" Round Financing
- Tigo Energy: Presenting Company At Alternative Energy Innovations Is Named A 2009 FiReStarter
- Tigo Energy Adds Three Prominent Renewable Energy Industry Veterans to Board of Advisors
KACO new energy Validates Tigo Energy's Smart Module Feature Enabling 30% Longer Strings
Enables smart modules to achieve 30% longer string lengths
GRASS VALLEY, Calif. — KACO new energy, a global leader in solar inverter manufacturing with over six gigawatts of PV inverters in the field to date, validates and approves of the new technology from Tigo Energy that enables smart modules to achieve 30% longer string lengths.
KACO new energy, a global leader in PV inverter manufacturing with
6.8 gigawatts of inverters deployed since 1999, today announced the successful completion of testing on Smart Module technology provided by Tigo Energy.
The nine month, in-depth test successfully validated claims that Smart Modules with this technology could regulate the maximum voltage output of a solar panel under any number of conditions thus allowing 30% longer strings and enhanced inverter functionality.
The patented technology from Tigo energy, called «Smart Curve», regulates the maximum voltage output of a solar panel. A typical 60-cell polycrystalline module, for example, could be programmed to a max voltage of 32V as compared to 38V for a traditional module. The maximum voltage does not change with temperature. This enables modules to be designed with 30% longer strings than traditional modules while still remaining within IEC and NEC requirements. This represents about 5 cents per watt of BOS (Balance of system) savings from fewer combiner boxes, fuses, and fewer home runs.
KACO new energy recently launched their three-phase, transformerless inverter solution optimized for use with smart modules utilizing Tigo Energy’s patented Smart Curve technology.
«When paired with Smart Modules our inverters have a higher degree of flexibility,» said Josh Levinson, Regional Sales Manager KACO new energy. «With Smart Module technology we can achieve a tighter DC input window than ever before, which enables us to optimize our solution offerings. The new 50.0 TL3 inverter designed to work with Smart Modules is a revolutionary step in how an inverter and a module can be designed to work together. We are pleased to be able to say that Tigo Energy’s Smart Curve technology successfully passed our stringent testing.»
Available today, blueplanet 50.0 TL3 inverters optimized for Smart Modules offer a best-in-class solution to commercial installations.
The KACO new energy inverter design offers the highest power density in this product class. This transformerless inverter is highly efficient at 97.5% and very lightweight, contributing only 7.6 pounds per kilowatt.
«We’re pleased to continue our strong partnership with KACO new energy,» Said James Bickford Director of Global OEM’s at Tigo Energy. «KACO new energy has consistently demonstrated leadership in their willingness to integrate their Tier 1 inverter technology with Smart Module technology. This new inverter offering enables a superior system-level solution for Smart Module deployments that we believe will dramatically increase the adoption of Smart Module technology worldwide.»
For more information on Tigo Energy’s Smart Curve technology please visit http://www.tigoenergy.com/smart-curve_application_note_v1_3_4.pdf
About KACO new energy
KACO new energy is a global leader for PV system solutions with a culture of excellence in the photovoltaic inverter and power electronics industries. The German-based engineers have been developing, designing and manufacturing current inverters and power electronics for more than 60 years. The KACO blueplanet product family has set new standards in photovoltaic applications — particularly in reliability, efficiency, power density, and patented intellectual technology.
Additional information about KACO is available at www.kaco-newenergy.com.