- Tigo announces TS4 platform availability on PVsyst modeling software - November 1, 2016
- Tigo’s Selective Deployment modeled on Aurora’s software - October 25, 2016
- Smart Module Technology From SMA and Tigo Can Now Be Planned With Sunny Design - October 17, 2016
- Tigo announces Kevin Kilkelly as Vice President of Sales for the Americas - August 24, 2016
- Tigo reshapes the solar industry by shipping the first 1500V Flex MLPE - July 7, 2016
- Tigo® announces Ronen Benzion to assume the position of President and Chief Operations Officer - July 5, 2016
- Tigo® CCA joins Tigo’s Smart Module IOT - May 24, 2016
- Tigo® achieves TUV certification for TS4-R - April 19, 2016
- Tigo® achieves UL recognition for TS4-R - March 23, 2016
- Sunage integrates Tigo Platform - February 17, 2016
- Sunerg Solar Integrates Tigo Smart Platform - February 8, 2016
- Tigo® announces launch of the TS4-R – offering the most cost effective MLPE to any Retrofit Solar Installation on the market - February 2, 2016
- IBC Solar expands product portfolio with module technology from Tigo - December 9, 2015
- CSUN sub company SST's Smart DC modules to integrate Tigo's TS4 modular Platform - December 3, 2015
- Talesun Solar has announced today the availability of the integrated Tigo’s modular TS4 platform to its PV Modules portfolio - November 10, 2015
- Tigo announces Stanley Stern to join the Board of Directors - November 5, 2015
- Suntech and Tigo Introduce Creative Energy Optimization to the Solar Market - November 4, 2015
- Tigo announces Michael Splinter to join the Board of Directors - November 3, 2015
- Ingeteam inverter line compliant with Tigo - October 8, 2015
- Tigo Forms Strategic Partnership with Leading Korean Electronics Manufacturer Hansol Technics
- Tigo Announces Strategic Partnership with PV Module Manufacturer Sunpreme to Feature Tigo’s TS4 Platform
- Tigo Announces Revolutionary Predictive IV Technology Enabling Maximum Energy Harvest with No Communication
- Tigo’s Selective Deployment Offers String Optimization for as low as $0.02/watt
- Tigo Announces Game-Changing Modularity Feature of its TS4 Platform
- Tigo Announces Distribution Partnership with Mexico’s Exel Solar to Feature Tigo’s TS4 MLPE Platform Exclusively
- Tigo Powers Largest Solar-Battery, Off-Grid Home in the World!
- Tigo Energy Introduces Cloud Connect
- Tigo Energy Launches TS4 Platform
- Samil Power Joins Tigo's Industry Leading Smart Module Platform
- Tigo Announces New Solution for Modeling the Energy Benefits of SMART Module Platform
- Tigo Energy and Solar Juice Announce Strategic Distribution Partnership
- Tigo Energy Supports Team Techstyle Haus in the 2014 European Solar Decathlon
- Tigo Energy Crosses Milestone with Over 2000 Inverters from 80 Companies Working with Tigo Energy's Technology
- Sunnova Installers Receive 3.4% Boost in Energy Yield by using Tigo Energy Technology
- Tigo Energy and Folsom Labs Announce DNV GL Approval of Smart Module Modeling Software
- Tigo Energy Supports Team Santa Clara and Stanford in the 2013 U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon
- Silfab Ontario Inc. Announces First Smart Module Made In America - 2013
- KACO new energy Validates Tigo Energy's Smart Module Feature Enabling 30% Longer Strings
- Tigo Energy introduces new technology to increase string length by 30%--lowering BOS costs, and increasing the speed of installation
- Biltmore Estate Expands Solar Field with Smart Modules from Upsolar
- The Solar Smart Module and Optimizer Leader Tigo Energy® Completes Financing Round, Elects Zvi Alon as Chairman
- Upsolar’s Smart Modules Selected by Pristine Sun for 10 MW Deal
- Amphenol and Tigo Optimize PV Junction Box Technology
- KACO new energy is shipping the blueplanet M series of inverters with Tigo Energy’s Management Unit integrated.
- Upsolar’s Tigo-Integrated Smart Modules Now Available for UK Solar Market
- Alsoenergy To Provide Module-Level Premium Solar Monitoring With Tigo Energy
- Tigo Energy Selected By Alwayson As A Goinggreen Silicon Valley Global 200 Winner
- Tigo Energy Achieves World's First TÜV Certification for Smart Module Technology
- Solar Solution: Vermont solar test bed for smart modules
- Leading Independent Engineering Firm Validates Bankability for Tigo Energy Technology
- Talmage Solar Engineering, Inc. Unveils Largest Smart Array in North America
- Upsolar Unveils 2.2 MW Smart Array in Vermont
- Trina Solar launches Trinasmart solution in North America
- Tigo Energy Wins Additional US DOE Award For A Total Of $3,500,000
- Leading Solar Module OEMs To Display Next-generation Tigo Energy Technology During PV Expo Japan
- Tigo Energy® Raises Additional Capital Resources To Accelerate The Growth Of Their Solar SmartModules
- Eclipsall And Tigo Energy® Announce Supply Agreement
- Tigo Energy® Partners With Leading PV Module Manufacturers To Deliver Solar Smart Modules
- Tigo Energy® Named Intersolar Award 2011 Finalist In Photovoltatics
- Tigo Energy® Expands Executive Team With The Addition Of A Chief Financial Officer
- SunPower takes different track with smart modules: special interest group to set standards
- Tigo Energy® And Suntech Collaborate To Develop Smart Panel Technology For Photovoltaic Solar Installations
- Tigo Energy® Teams With SCHOTT Solar To Bring Electronic Intelligence To Photovoltaic Projects
- Tigo Energy Accelerates International Expansion
- Rec Solar Offers Tigo Energy® Maximizer Solution For Commercial And Residential Solar Installations
- Tigo Energy Closes $10 Million In New Financing To Fuel Global Sales Growth
- Tigo Energy Achieves Compliance and Certification Landmark
- Tigo Energy Achieves Compliance and Certification Landmark
- Tigo Energy Named a Global Cleantech 100 Clean Technology Company
- Intersolar News: Tigo Energy Inc. Announces Key Distribution Partner for the TIGO EnergyTM Maximizer System
- Tigo Energy Reaches Key Milestones and Raises $10 Million "B" Round Financing
- Tigo Energy: Presenting Company At Alternative Energy Innovations Is Named A 2009 FiReStarter
- Tigo Energy Adds Three Prominent Renewable Energy Industry Veterans to Board of Advisors
Tigo Energy® And Suntech Collaborate To Develop Smart Panel Technology For Photovoltaic Solar Installations
LOS GATOS, California, Oct. 5, 2010 — Tigo Energy®, the solar company whose unique technology significantly increases efficiency in photovoltaic (PV) solar installations, today announced it is collaborating with Suntech Power Holdings Co., Ltd. (NYSE: STP), the world’s largest producer of crystalline silicon solar panels, to develop smart panel technology for PV solar installations.
As part of the collaboration, the companies are developing technology that integrates the Tigo Energy Maximizer™ Solution into Suntech’s solar panels to increase energy production up to 20 percent and bring new levels of intelligence, active manageability and enhanced safety to the solar panels.
«Suntech is constantly exploring new ways of bringing additional benefits to our customers, and we are pleased to work with Tigo Energy on achieving this mutual goal,» said Mr. Shijun Cai, senior vice president of Suntech. «Incorporating intelligent technology at the panel level has the potential to optimize the performance of our customers’ solar projects.»
«Tigo Energy is seeing tremendous acceptance of our Maximizer solution by both the worldwide installation community and our integration partners, and we’re pleased to work with Suntech on this joint technology effort,» said Jeff Krisa, vice president of Tigo Energy. «Tigo Energy’s worldwide installed base has established the Maximizer as the market leader in localized DC production maximization. The associated cost savings involved with integrating the Maximizer solution into PV panels will accelerate adoption of the solution even more.»
With power electronics and software, the Tigo Energy Maximizer Solution boosts the output of solar arrays by up to 20 percent and implements maximum power point control at the module level. PV system developers and owners also benefit from Tigo Energy’s comprehensive panel-level monitoring and analytics as well as advanced safety features.
The Tigo Energy Maximizer solution is uniquely designed to integrate quickly into the junction boxes of today’s leading solar panels:
- The solution provides statistical conversion efficiency of 99.5 percent, thus not requiring the dissipation of excess heat. The Maximizer electronics do not require thermal re-engineering of the j-box or module. Contrast this to a 95 percent efficient micro-inverter that in normal operation has 10 Watts of power radiated as heat into the PV module.
- The Tigo Energy Maximizer is the smallest and lightest footprint of all distributed PV electronics solutions, allowing it to fit in existing j-boxes without additional engineering to prevent de-lamination.
- The Maximizer solution has the fewest electronic components of any solution, such that the reliability of the device matches that of the module.
- The Tigo Energy Maximizer solution works with all inverters from leading manufacturers, so system designers can address any size system in any geography with the integrated smart module.
Tigo Energy products are available in high volume and can be deployed in residential, commercial or utility scale systems today. Hundreds of systems and more than 25,000 Maximizers have been installed in North America, Europe, Japan and Asia. Tigo Energy will be exhibiting at Solar Power International 2010 from Oct. 12-14 in Los Angeles (West Hall, Booth #1443).
About Tigo Energy
Based in Los Gatos, California, Tigo Energy was founded in 2007 and focuses on applying innovative technologies to the solar PV space. Tigo Energy has offices in the United States, Japan, Germany and Israel and is commercially shipping volume systems in cooperation with most prominent worldwide solar distributors and EPCs. Additional information on Tigo Energy is available at www.tigoenergy.com.
Suntech Power Holdings Co., Ltd. (NYSE: STP) produces industry-leading solar products for residential, commercial, industrial, and utility applications. With regional headquarters in China, Switzerland, and the United States, and gigawatt-scale manufacturing worldwide, Suntech has delivered more than 10,000,000 photovoltaic panels to thousands of customers in more than eighty countries. Suntech’s pioneering R&D creates customer-centric innovations that are driving solar to grid parity against fossil fuels. Suntech’s mission is to provide everyone with reliable access to nature’s cleanest and most abundant energy source. For more information about our people and products visit: http://www.suntech-power.com