Tigo is the worldwide leader in Flex MLPE (Module Level Power Electronics) with innovative solutions that significantly enhance safety, increase energy production, and decrease operating costs of photovoltaic (PV) systems. Tigo’s TS4 platform maximizes the benefit of PV systems and provides customers with the most scalable, versatile, and reliable MLPE solution available.
Tigo was founded in Silicon Valley in 2007 to accelerate the adoption of solar energy worldwide. Tigo systems operate on 7 continents and produce gigawatt hours of reliable, clean, affordable and safe solar energy daily.
We need top-notch individuals with a passion for solving complex problems and bringing renewable energy to the masses. Members of the team enjoy rewarding salaries, excellent benefits, an uninhibited work culture, and the satisfaction of helping to reduce the world’s dependency on fossil fuels. We work hard knowing our results will impact the affordability, reliability, and safety of clean and renewable energy systems.
Tigo is looking for a Software Automation Engineer as part of the Hardware team located at the Tigo headquarters in Campbell, CA.
- Develop automatic testers for production for electrical testing of Tigo products.
- Write automated test code, using the same standards as a Software Engineer, that allows for repeatable, reliable testing solutions to test the functionality of products.
- Maintaining automation codebase in a version control system.
- Maintain existing testers.
- Perform statistics analysis of the test results to improve the reliability of the production tester.
- Partners with software engineers, hardware engineers and NPI team to build and write efficient automatic testers using coding standards and best practices.
- Work with software engineers, hardware engineers, QA team to investigate problems, failures referred by the contract manufacturer.
- Manage the technical support for all test hardware and software deployed to manufacturing partners overseas.
- Must be available at after office hours, variable schedule(s) as necessary in case the urgent support need to be given to manufacturing partners.
- A committed individual with solid teamwork skills.
- 1-5 years of hands-on experience as a Software Engineer.
- Experience working with C and C# language.
- Experience with SQL.
- Experience with SCPI Protocol/commands.
- Experience to write software to automate process to control the following test. equipment: DVM, power supply, Oscilloscope, Signal Generator etc.
- Familiar with Protocols: RS232, USB, TCT-IP, Ethernet.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics.
- Ability to write software to automate process of testing.
- Ability to use APIs for control Test Equipment Remotely.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in the power electronics field.
- Experience with developing automatic testers for mass production.
- Experience with “LabWindowsCvi”.
- Experience with Tableau or another visual analytics platform